From Our Video Series
Honors & Awards
- Awarded Top Secret Security Clearance, 1994
- Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal, 1997
- Awarded Certificate of Achievement, 335th Military Intelligence Company (Combat Electronic Warfare and Intelligence), 1996
- Awarded of Foreign Language Training by Brigham Young University, 1996
- Scored a 3-3 Out of Possible 3-3 on Defense Language Proficiency Test, 1997
University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio, J.D., 2001
Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, B.A., 1998
- Honors: Founders' Day High Scholastic Achievement Award 1996
- Major: Political Science
Defense Language Institute, Monterey, California, Diploma, 1995
- Major: Russian
The real estate attorneys at McBrayer have a reputation for understanding the developmental needs of our clients and not only what it is that they need now, but what they will need in the future. We understand a broad area of the legal field and how those things interact with the needs of our clients. The McBrayer firm has built one of the largest real estate practices in the state. Our clients come to us for our experience and our ability to achieve results quickly and cost-effectively. Our clients can expect hands-on representation from experienced attorneys, and that is what our real estate team provides.
My practice has been concentrated primarily in real estate, with particular focus in residential and commercial closing transactions, landlord/tenant relations, and mortgage lien enforcement/foreclosure. I have closed innumerable secondary market and portfolio residential real estate transactions, and my commercial practice ranges from short-term collateralized financing and construction lending to development revolving lines of credit.
The real estate practice is a lot more involved than signing documentation. It begins with the title exam, where we look at the public record to determine what interests exist, who has those interests, and how to deal with those. With regards to commercial transactions, we are often times dealing with document negotiations right up to execution.
By helping our clients stay competitive, we are able to get them through market fluctuations. We are committed to doing everything we can to make the closing as simple and consumer friendly as possible for all parties involved.
I joined McBrayer in 2006, having been a sole practitioner for two years with an office in St. Matthews. In a past life, I was a Russian linguist for the U.S. Army, where I worked in signals interception and translation.
When I’m not practicing law, I enjoy watching Indiana basketball and professional soccer and coaching my daughter’s soccer team. There is nothing greater than being a father and seeing your kids change. It has helped me grow as a person to know that all those years when I thought my parents had it all sketched out, they were actually just playing it by ear.
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- 2015 KBA ConventionLexington, KY, June 18, 2015
- Mortgage Brokers' Loan College, First Bank, Inc., 2003 - 2004
- I’m a landlord with a rental property business that is a separate legal entity. Can I represent my business in court?Louisville Business First, May 27, 2016
- I am moving my business into a strip mall. How can I ensure that a similar business will not move in the same space?, Business First, Legal Forum, June 13, 2014
- Is My Spouse Automatically Entitled To My Real Property Upon My Death?, Business First, Legal Forum, March 8, 2013
- HMDA Reporting Eased for Community Banks and Credit Unions November 21, 2017
- AAA Revises Construction Arbitration Rules September 3, 2015
- The Obergefell Decision and Property Considerations for Married Same-Sex Couples July 16, 2015
- Seller Financing After Dodd-Frank May 28, 2015
- Tenants are Left in the Cold after the Sunset of the Protecting Tenants in Foreclosure Act April 9, 2015
- The Truth in Lending Act and Rescission: Lessons Learned by Lenders from Jesinoski v. Countrywide February 19, 2015
- “Is this the airport, Clark?” – Aunt Bethany December 18, 2014
- ‘Tis The Season To Think About Your Retail Lease October 23, 2014
- View More »
- Christopher A. Richardson - Attorney Biography
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 2002 - Present
- Louisville Bar Association, Member, 2006 - Present
- Home Builders Association, Member, 2004 - 2005
- Foxboro Neighborhood Association, President, 2010 - 2011