U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2016
U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2016
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky, J.D., 2014
- Student Body President
- Henry Clay Scholarship
- American Bar Association Delegate
- Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Executive Committee
- Americorps Legal Fellow
- Faculty Recruitment Committee Member
University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, B.A., Economics, 2010
- Minor: Communication
- President, Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
- Rodney Williams Jr. Award for campus leadership
- Henry Combs Award for Greek chapter leadership
- Honors Undergraduate Scholar
- Resident Assistant
- Order of Omega, Treasurer
- Tau Kappa Epsilon, Member of the Year Award
My practice area is primarily real estate and administrative law, with an emphasis on professional liability defense, estate planning and administration, and creditor’s rights. People often think of real estate as static, but it is dynamic and one of the backbones of our economic and personal lives. There is always something new to learn and unique challenges to solve.
MORE THAN MCBRAYER
My family is a member of St. Peter Parish in Lexington. We are also involved with leadership of our neighborhood association and are active members of WEKU, the UofL Alumni association and the High Street YMCA. I am also very proud of my wife, Jamie, who is a founding member and emcee of Creative Mornings Lexington.
HOW I’M DIFFERENT
No two people or problems are ever the same and understanding this is fundamental to effectively representing my clients. The first step is always to learn as much about the client as possible so I can better understand the problem and potential solutions from their perspective. I pride myself on my ability to step into the shoes of another person. This is a vital skill in understanding and achieving my clients’ objectives.
Clients can expect me to be easy to communicate with, to work diligently to understand their goals and objectives, and to provide a comfortable experience as we meet and exceed their expectations. I am always looking to be on the cutting edge, finding the most sophisticated solutions for my clients. That is what we do at McBrayer.
Prior to law school, I attended business school and worked on real estate matters with a major regional bank, sparking my interest in real estate law. As an attorney, my previous experience includes administrative law litigation, insurance defense, real estate closings, professional liability defense, real estate transactions, corporate entities, and foreclosure.
Additional Practice Experience
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2015
- Young Lawyers Division 2013 (Executive Committee Member 2013-2014)
- Real Estate Law Division 2016
- American Bar Association 2013 (National Voting Delegate 2013)
- Workers’ Compensation Division 2017
- President, University of Louisville Alumni Association of Central Kentucky 2014-2016
- Meadowthrope Neighborhood Association 2019 – Present
- Fayette County Democratic Party Executive Committee 2016-2017