From Our Video Series
Honors & Awards
- Kentucky Super Lawyer®, Rising Star, 2020 (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense)
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, 2012
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, 2012
West Virginia, 2019
University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, J.D., 2012
- Member, Moot Court Board, 2010-2012
- Best Overall Oral Argument, Moot Court Competition
- CALI award for Litigation Skills, 2011
University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, B.S., Accounting, 2009
As a native Kentuckian, I have dedicated my practice to advocating for folks across the Commonwealth who serve their communities. Although my practice routinely involves representing hospitals, medical professionals and other licensed individuals in legal proceedings, I also provide counsel to a varied panel of businesses on how to best navigate oftentimes sticky situations that they could be faced with on a day-to-day basis. Issues such as risk management, employment matters, and other potential areas of concern are my priority, and it’s important to me that my clients know that I understand the challenges they face.
It may sound overly simplistic, but I try to approach every case and every issue with an open mind. I believe that the client is best served by a counselor who gathers the initial facts from an objective point of view, noting the strengths/advantages, and often more importantly the weaknesses/disadvantages, of the case or issue from that vantage point. This ultimately allows me to provide the guidance and defense, if necessary, that my clients have come to expect.
Coming from a family of professionals and small business owners, the most rewarding part of my practice is getting to know the clients. I have an intimate understanding of the great pride these individuals take in their business and taking the time to understand where each client comes from, what drives them professionally and what their expectations are allows the information gathering process to be so much more comprehensive and fruitful. It is amazing to see the creative solutions that can be achieved if you take the time to sit down and listen to the client from the beginning of the representation, and I make it a point to give every client that dedicated, one-on-one attention.
My practice is unique and fulfilling because it presents me with the opportunity to make an impact in communities across the state – as Coach Cal would say, “from Pikeville to Paducah.”
Prior to joining McBrayer, I practiced with a focus on medical malpractice, products liability, nursing home liability and professional liability for the law firm of Fulkerson, Kinkel & Marrs, PLLC.
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Healthcare Law
- Healthcare Professional Licensure Defense
- Hospital Representation
- Insurance Defense
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Malpractice and Professional Liability Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence Defense
- Product Liability Litigation
- Professional Liability Defense
- Professional Liability Defense: Architects, Engineers, Surveyors
I remain active with the University of Kentucky tennis team where I was a letter winner and team captain during my undergraduate career. I am also a volunteer instructor for many of the Georgetown College tennis camps where my sister and brother-in-law are the coaches.
- Board Member for Lexington Hearing and Speech Center
- Steering Committee Member for the Commerce Lexington EMERGE Conference
- Kentucky Chamber Healthcare Policy Council, Member, 2019-present
News & Insights
- Super Lawyers, December 2, 2019
- Business Lexington, November 2019, November 1, 2019
- Kyle M. Virgin - Attorney Biography