Honors & Awards
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® in 2012-2021
- Louisville Magazine’s “Pick of the Judges”
- In Louisville Magazine as a “Top Lawyer” (divorce and non-divorce domestic relations)
- Youngest elected partner/member of one of the 10 largest law firms in Louisville Kentucky, elected at 35 years of age.
- Past Chairperson of the Family Law Section of the Louisville Bar Association, elected in 2009.
- Graduate of the Louisville Bar Association’s Leadership Academy, 2007.
New York, 2009
Louisville Bar Association, 2001
Houston Bar Association, 2009
American Bar Association, 2002
Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2002
State of Texas, 2008
State of New York, 2009
Western District of Kentucky, 2002
Eastern District of Kentucky, 2002
Central District of California (case by case basis), 2009
United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit, 2005
Supreme Court of the United States
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York, JD
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, BA Political Science, History, and Psychology
The primary focus of my practice is devoted to complex family law questions involving divorce, tracing assets, maintenance, high-income child support cases, business valuations, and uncovering hidden assets. I primarily litigate in Jefferson and Oldham counties, but I have litigated in over 40 counties in Kentucky, Texas, New York, Florida, and California. In addition to family law, a segment of my practice is devoted to litigating entertainment law issues.
Each case I handle is unique and different. I like to understand an overall picture of the case and work toward achieving the client’s goal and assess each goals given the facts and circumstances of the case.
I am typically hired to handle difficult and complex cases and litigate against difficult people, and I have represented high level executives, business owners, politicians, physicians, and other attorneys.
I bring a new practice area to the Louisville office, which is active and growing with talent.
MORE THAN MCBRAYER
I have been involved with the Boy Scouts of America for most of my life either as a scout, an adult leader, or a volunteer.
In my spare time, I enjoy physical activity of any kind – cross-fit, mountain climbing, running, hiking and endurance hiking, ½ Ironman competitions, and other extreme sports.
HOW I’M DIFFERENT
I enjoy the fast-paced speed of the practice of family law. I enjoy helping litigants through the most difficult time in their lives to find a stable place in life. Each client has different goals and expectations. I attempt to understand these goals and focus the case toward achieving these goals.
I work extremely hard on a daily basis in almost all aspects of my life. This includes my career, working out, running, or any other activity. This is my nature and I have been successful by consistently outworking the other side.
Prior to joining McBrayer I was a Partner at two other midsize law firms in Louisville, Kentucky. My practice areas have remained the same for approximately the last 20 years.
Boy Scouts of America, 1986-Present
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2002
- Texas Bar Association, 2008
- New York Bar Association, 2009
- Louisville Bar Association, 2001
- Houston Bar Association, 2009
- American Bar Association, 2002
- Past Chairperson of the Family Law Section of the Louisville Bar Association, elected in 2009
- Graduate of the Louisville Bar Association’s Leadership Academy, 2007