TITLE: LEGAL ASSISTANT
LOCATION: LOUISVILLE, KY
McBrayer is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant in our Louisville office.
The role of the Legal Assistant at McBrayer is to facilitate the work of a group of attorneys, enhancing the effectiveness of those attorneys, communicating professionally with clients and other team members, and contributing to the firm’s success.
Job duties for a Legal Assistant at McBrayer include but are not limited to:
- Organize cases by establishing and organizing files; monitor calendars; meet deadlines; document actions; input information into file; confirm case status with attorney.
- Electronically file key documents meeting applicable deadlines; mail letters and pleadings.
- Communicate with people involved in the case including other attorneys, court clerks and personnel; schedule depositions; prepare and forward summonses and subpoenas; draft complaints; prepare and file discovery requests; prepare responses to opposing counsel; generate and share status reports.
- Keep clients informed on case process per the attorney.
- Maintain case costs / billables working with team and within billing software (LMS).
- Track client development activities for the attorneys in our database.
- Organize checks for various filing fees, vendor invoices and attorney reimbursements.
- Prepare case summaries, materials for conferences, pleadings; monitor and obtain discovery responses; organize case materials for team review.
- Prepare for trial proceedings: Organize evidence, prepare exhibits, schedule witnesses, take notes in pre-trial meetings.
- Contact state and federal agencies on an ad hoc basis for assistance and/or for information
- Administrative tasks as needed including coordinating appointments; transcription; copying documents; database maintenance; making, answering and directing phone calls; greeting clients; scheduling attorney travel arrangements; and other organizational tasks.
The role requires the following skills:
- Accountability / Takes Ownership
- Interpersonal and communication
- Legal administration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Builds relationships internally and externally
- Organized / Strong planning
- Attention to Detail
- Ongoing interest in professional growth and process improvement
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate degree or equivalent certification
- 3+ years practical, in-office experience as a legal assistant
- Ability to type accurately at 70+ words per minute
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email or send resume to:
Robert T. Watson
500 West Jefferson Street, Suite 2400
Louisville, KY 40202
No calls please.
Building the McBrayer Team
McBrayer knows that a firm's success is driven by working together as a team, and that includes staff of administrative professionals, paralegals and professional support personnel. We seek trained and talented people looking for a rewarding career. If you are interested in working in a great team environment and feel that you could make a meaningful contribution to the firm, our clients and the community, please send your resumes to James H. Frazier, III.
James H. Frazier, III
201 East Main Street, Suite 900
Lexington, Kentucky 40507