McBrayer knows that a firm's success is driven by working together as an entire team, and that includes staff of administrative professionals, paralegals and professional support personnel. We seek trained and talented people looking for a rewarding career in the following open positions:
CURRENT OPENING: RECEPTIONIST
LOCATION: LEXINGTON, ky
The Lexington office of McBrayer PLLC is currently seeking a full-time front desk Receptionist to support a team of 70 employees. The hours would be approximately 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday with a one hour lunch break.
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to effectively listen and communicate with all clients, attorneys, and legal constituents. They will be required to handle a high volume of calls and visitors while remaining professional at all times and have strong time management and organizational skills. Law firm experience is much preferred since the firm will delegate some legal work to complete when the phones are not busy.
- Greets and welcomes visitors in person or via the telephone.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, transfers or refers calls to the appropriate party or department, providing the caller’s name and company name.
- Transfers calls to voicemail or support teams as directed by each individual.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following instructions for phone and computer operating system. Training is provided.
- Directs visitors by following employee and department directories and contacts McBrayer team to announce them; introduces visitors (for first-time meetings).
- Schedules meeting rooms according to group size and AV needs including last-minute meetings.
- Keeps conference rooms neat as possible with covering reception desk.
- Logs hand-deliveries and contacts the recipient.
- Follows all security procedures. Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with firm procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among reception team by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by supporting secretarial and organizational projects as assigned when reception is slow.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
Professionalism, Verbal Communication, Listening, Telephone Skills, Microsoft Office Basics including Outlook, some correspondence, Client-focused, Organized, Calm under pressure.
Please send your resume to:
201 East Main Street, Suite 900
Lexington, Kentucky 40507
No calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer.