Positions Available/Current Openings
TITLE: LITIGATION PARALEGAL
LOCATION: LEXINGTON, Kentucky
Seeking a full-time litigation paralegal to support multiple attorneys in our Lexington, Kentucky, office.
In addition to possessing strong technology skills, including command of Microsoft Office Suite, this individual must be confident, highly motivated, and detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy, and project a positive and empathetic attitude. The ideal candidate works well independently and possesses excellent organizational, written & verbal communication and time management skills.
Candidate must have experience answering discovery, interrogatories and request for production of documents. Candidate will also be expected to perform the following: summarize medical records, prepare routine motions to compel discovery or extend discovery, as well as claim file review and redactions.
The successful candidate is proactive and possesses a high degree of professionalism and demonstrates initiative and follow-through while managing multiple, competing deadlines.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Strong technology skills, including command of the Microsoft Office suite and document assembly software.
- Experience with personal injury and business litigation, insurance defense and business law.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy; Attention to detail.
- Highly accountable: Takes ownership of and pride in work product.
- Ability to do specific research and provide succinct reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized: A good planner.
- Efficient: Good time manager.
- Committed to complete confidentiality.
- Ongoing interest in professional growth and process improvement.
- Associate degree or equivalent certification as a Paralegal
Candidate must have a minimum of three years of legal experience in the area of litigation. Salary commensurate with experience and includes full benefits (medical, dental, and life insurance).
Please email or send resume including references and cover letter to:
201 East Main Street, Suite 900
Lexington, KY 40507
TITLE: LEGAL ASSISTANT
LOCATION: LOUISVILLE, KentuckY
McBrayer is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant in our Louisville office.
The role of the Legal Assistant at McBrayer is to facilitate the work of a group of attorneys, enhancing the effectiveness of those attorneys, communicating professionally with clients and other team members, and contributing to the firm’s success.
Job duties for a Legal Assistant at McBrayer include but are not limited to:
- Organize cases by establishing and organizing files; monitor calendars; meet deadlines; document actions; input information into file; confirm case status with attorney.
- Electronically file key documents meeting applicable deadlines; mail letters and pleadings.
- Communicate with people involved in the case including other attorneys, court clerks and personnel; schedule depositions; prepare and forward summonses and subpoenas; draft complaints; prepare and file discovery requests; prepare responses to opposing counsel; generate and share status reports.
- Keep clients informed on case process per the attorney.
- Maintain case costs / billables working with team and within billing software (LMS).
- Track client development activities for the attorneys in our database.
- Organize checks for various filing fees, vendor invoices and attorney reimbursements.
- Prepare case summaries, materials for conferences, pleadings; monitor and obtain discovery responses; organize case materials for team review.
- Prepare for trial proceedings: Organize evidence, prepare exhibits, schedule witnesses, take notes in pre-trial meetings.
- Contact state and federal agencies on an ad hoc basis for assistance and/or for information
- Administrative tasks as needed including coordinating appointments; transcription; copying documents; database maintenance; making, answering and directing phone calls; greeting clients; scheduling attorney travel arrangements; and other organizational tasks.
The role requires the following skills:
- Accountability / Takes Ownership
- Interpersonal and communication
- Legal administration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Builds relationships internally and externally
- Organized / Strong planning
- Attention to Detail
- Ongoing interest in professional growth and process improvement
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate degree or equivalent certification
- 3+ years practical, in-office experience as a legal assistant
- Ability to type accurately at 70+ words per minute
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email or send resume to:
Robert T. Watson
500 West Jefferson Street, Suite 2400
Louisville, KY 40202
No calls please.