- Settlement Proposed in Burley Tobacco Growers Cooperative Association Lawsuit Concerning Certain Tobacco Growers in Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana or Missouri; Class Members Urged to Take ActionDecember 21, 2020
A proposed partial settlement has been reached in the class action lawsuit involving the Burley Tobacco Growers Cooperative Association (“the Co-op”), and class members – those individuals and businesses who grew burley tobacco in one of five states during at least one of the 2015 to 2020 crop years – are urged to come forward and verify their membership at the website www.BTGCAsettlement.com or by calling 1-855-965-5569.
- Super Lawyers, December 10, 2020
- November 13, 2020
- November 12, 2020
With a profound sadness, we announce the loss of McBrayer Member, Ethics Counsel and General Counsel Calvin R. Fulkerson, who passed away late yesterday evening, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, in Lexington, Kentucky, after a long illness. He is survived by his loving wife, Cindy, his two daughters, Erin (Derek Hall) and Kelsey (Justin Tereshko), and three grandchildren.
- November 5, 2020
McBrayer has once again been ranked among the top law firms for 2021 by U.S. News – Best Lawyers in America ®. Both Lexington and Louisville offices received recognition on the list of “Best Law Firms” in a myriad of categories, demonstrating McBrayer’s consistent strength in a breadth of practice areas.
- McBrayer Members James H. Frazier, III, Stephen Amato, Cindy Effinger, Luke Morgan quoted in The Lane ReportThe Lane Report, October 19, 2020
McBrayer members James H. Frazier, III, Stephen Amato, Cindy Effinger, and Luke Morgan were recently quoted in a Lane Report article about how Lexington law firms are helping businesses navigate the uncertainties of COVID-19.
- October 12, 2020
- September 1, 1937 – October 11, 2020October 11, 2020
- Business Lexington, October 8, 2020
McBrayer member Jack Wheat was recently quoted in a Business Lexington article about the best ways to protect your digital intellectual property. Here is an excerpt of what he said:
- The Lane Report, September 23, 2020
McBrayer managing member James H. Frazier, III, was recently quoted in The Lane Report article about the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic on law firms, including the shift from in-person to remote operations and what practice areas are most influenced by the outbreak.
- August 20, 2020
Once again showcasing the talent and quality service the firm is known for, 24 McBrayer PLLC attorneys in Lexington and Louisville have achieved a 2021 listing in U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in America, a new firm record. The distinction is given based solely on peer review. Founded in 1981, Best Lawyers® highlights the extraordinary accomplishments of those in the legal industry.
- August 7, 2020
- August 7, 2020
- June 23, 2020
- Law Practice Today, June 19, 2020
- Business Lexington, June 4, 2020
- Business Lexington, May 19, 2020
- Louisville Business First, May 13, 2020
McBrayer provides guidance on issues including employee health and safety, EEOC and NLRB protections, business contracts, and more in this evolving resource to support our communities during the current crisis.
- April 7, 2020
- Big Brother Trevor Nichols and His Little Brother Amarion Will Anchor Big News in the Bluegrass Later this MonthMarch 13, 2020
- March 6, 2020
- March 3, 2020
- The Lane Report, March 2, 2020
- February 20, 2020
- February 17, 2020
- The Lane Report, February 4, 2020