U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2017
U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2020
VA Accredited Attorney, 2018
University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, KY, J.D., 2017
- College of Law Pro Bono Award
- CALI Award for Education Law, Fall 2016
- Kentucky Law Journal, (2015-2017)
- Trial Advocacy Board, (2015-2017)
Transylvania University, Lexington, KY, B.A. in Spanish Language and Literature, 2014
- Minor: English
- Magna Cum Laude
Victoria Dickson knows there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all estate plan. That’s why each and every document she creates in her Lexington, Kentucky, estate planning practice is specially tailored to the specific needs, goals, and concerns of each individual client. Victoria’s work centers on crafting key estate planning documents such as wills, trusts, durable financial powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney, and living wills, assisting clients with estate administration in probate court, and protecting clients’ interests through estate and trust litigation.
Victoria has first-hand experience with how overwhelming the estate and probate process can be for grieving loved ones, so she brings a listening ear and empathetic approach to help her clients navigate the legal aspects of a difficult time. She also collaborates with clients to create documents and plans that will fulfill their goals and minimize stress from the get-go.
Additionally, Victoria has experience practicing elder law, including Medicaid and VA long-term care planning, Medicaid long-term care benefits applications, Medicaid Fair Hearings, and guardianship proceedings. Victoria also has civil litigation experience.
Capabilities and Experience
- Drafts estate plan documents including wills, trusts, durable financial powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney, and living wills that will achieve client goals.
- Helps clients navigate the estate administration process in probate court.
- Represents clients in estate and trust litigation.
- Has assisted clients with Medicaid and VA long-term care planning, including preparing and submitting applications for Medicaid long-term care benefits.
- Has guided clients through Medicaid Fair Hearings and guardianship proceedings.
- Has drafted appellate briefs to be presented before the Kentucky Court of Appeals and Kentucky Supreme Court.
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2017 to Present
- Young Lawyers Division
- Elder Law Section
- Fayette County Bar Association, 2017 to Present