Second Distribution Group – February 25, 2022
More than 600 settlement class members were issued and mailed a distribution check of up to $5670 each on February 25, 2022. Some of those being sent a distribution in this group owed the Co-op TAGS fees, and those fees were subtracted from the amount sent to each such person (individual or business entity).
If you know your Notice I.D. — it starts with BTC, NEW, REV, or ADD — you can check the list here of those who were issued checks in this 2nd group; a (T) by a Notice I.D. means that TAGS fees were subtracted for that person.
First Distribution Group – December 15, 2021
Almost 1800 settlement class members were issued and mailed a distribution check of up to $5670 each on December 15, 2021.
- You can check the list of those in the 1st group here.
- Those in the 1st group are not being issued a check at this time; this 2nd group is simply being caught up to those in the 1st group.
Additional Mailings and Notices
- Please be on the lookout for a notice or “contact us” mailing from Class Counsel (McBrayer).
- Mailings are being made to other applicants who are trying to participate in the settlement distribution; these mailings are requesting further documents or clarification of the circumstances presented by that particular applicant.
- Notices are also being mailed to those for whom there has been a final determination that the person will not share in the settlement distribution proceeds from the dissolution of the Co-op, with instructions about how to object to the Court about that determination.
- At this point, it is too late to apply for eligible settlement class membership, and any further documents should be sent only at the specific request of the Class Counsel or the Settlement Administrator.
Further Potential Distributions
- It is anticipated that over the next few months a 3rd group — smaller than the first two — will be sent checks of up to $5670 for their initial and partial distribution of proceeds.
- The Co-op’s collection and liquidation of its assets and satisfaction of its obligations and debts continues through the work of a Dissolution Committee authorized by the Court. Only when the dissolution is complete will there be a final distribution to eligible settlement class members.