Kentucky has a rich agricultural industry and heritage, from small family farms up through the landmark horse farms that bring such renown to the Bluegrass State. McBrayer has been a close companion and ally of agricultural programs since we were founded. Our attorneys work with farmers, lenders, owners, and more – all sides of every conceivable facet of the agricultural industry, ensuring that it continues to thrive.
Our attorneys have a proven track record:
- We assisted Kentucky’s family farmers with securing a just settlement with tobacco co-ops after the federal buyout.
- We represented the Agriculture Commissioner in securing the first hemp seed ordered for planting in the state when it was wrongfully seized by the federal government.
- We represent horse farms, owners, trainers and breeders, and we’ve even negotiated the sale of a major horse racing track.
Our attorneys don’t just talk the talk, either – many of our attorneys spend their free time with their own horses or on their own farms. We know what it takes to be successful in the agriculture industry because we’ve been in your shoes. Here are just some of the ways we can advise farmers and other agricultural stakeholders:
- Land Use and Planning
- Real Estate Contracts
- Lending and Finance
- Agritourism and Liability
- Corporate Formation
- Business Succession for Family Farms
- Crop Insurance Advice
- Construction Defects
- Sales Contracts
We are a full-service law firm dedicated to serving members of the agricultural industry. You grow your crops – we’ll help grow your business by weeding out the obstacles.