The regulatory and tax issues that affect businesses in transactional matters are constantly changing. As a result, taxpayers need representation from attorneys who are at the forefront of these changes.
At the law firm of McBrayer, our lawyers help businesses anticipate the tax implications of business transactions, mergers and acquisitions. Our lawyers represent Fortune 500 companies as well as smaller public and private businesses and individuals in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including taxes. We have offices in Lexington, Louisville, Ashland, and Greenup, Kentucky, and a government relations practice in Frankfort with presence in Washington, D.C.
Our lawyers have a record of successful outcomes in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Planning transactions to maximize tax benefits and avoid controversies
- Taking advantage of beneficial tax exemption and deferral provisions through 1031 exchanges, Section 368 tax-free reorganizations and other transaction structures
- Alleviating taxes in asset sales, stock sales and other business transactions
- Identifying available beneficial tax elections such as the 338(h)(10) election
- Minimizing withholding tax obligations
- Maximizing inside and outside basis in corporate transactions
- Planning transactions involving multinational companies subject to tax laws in more than one country
Our goal is to maximize the tax advantages of your transaction, while ensuring that you comply with state and federal tax requirements.
Take The First Step To Success
To discuss how our law firm can assist you with transaction tax planning related to a merger or acquisition, contact our law firm online. We have the knowledge and experience necessary to achieve the results that you deserve.
Who We Serve
McBrayer serve individuals, business owners, partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and tax-exempt organizations in the preparation and review of tax returns and tax planning. We also represent business owners facing tax controversies which may lead to litigation with state or federal authorities. Whether the business is a sole proprietorship or a multinational corporation, McBrayer has the know-how to handle all tax-related issues. Our goal is always to maximize after-tax results while offering counsel and representation regarding local, state, federal and international tax issues.