Tax planning is about more than minimizing your business's taxes. It is also about minimizing your exposure to the risk of audits and other tax controversies.
At the law firm of McBrayer, our lawyers provide tax planning services to individuals and businesses ranging from closely held startups to multinational companies. Our goal is to maximize your tax savings while ensuring that you comply with state and federal tax requirements. With law offices in Lexington and Louisville and a government relations practice in Frankfort with presence in Washington, D.C., we serve clients throughout Kentucky and the United States.
The following are examples of the types of tax planning services our attorneys provide:
- Choosing a business entity to obtain preferred tax treatment
- Minimizing or offsetting corporate income tax, payroll tax, sales tax or excise tax
- Taking advantage of tax credits and incentives
- Identifying new opportunities for tax savings
- Minimizing or eliminating business transfer taxes and business succession (estate tax)
Our lawyers can help taxpayers identify and plan for maximum tax benefits while avoiding tax controversies. Our in-depth understanding of tax laws enables us to suggest approaches that are appropriate for all types and scales of individuals and businesses.
Take The First Step To Success
To discuss how our law firm can assist you with taxation issues and planning, contact our law firm online.
News & Insights
- Louisville Business First, April 6, 2021
- UPDATE: The Taxman Still Cometh, but It's a Little Later for Some Kentuckians Impacted by Severe Storms May 5, 2021
- Tax, Intangible Assets, and the Value of Taking A Closer Look: A Case Study April 16, 2019
- CARES Act Charitable Contribution Extended for 2021 March 24, 2021
- Five Things You Must Do to Maximize 2020 Giving and Minimize Tax Liability November 4, 2020
- Kenton L. Ball - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
McBrayer serve individuals, business owners, partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and tax-exempt organizations in the preparation and review of tax returns and tax planning. We also represent business owners facing tax controversies which may lead to litigation with state or federal authorities. Whether the business is a sole proprietorship or a multinational corporation, McBrayer has the know-how to handle all tax-related issues. Our goal is always to maximize after-tax results while offering counsel and representation regarding local, state, federal and international tax issues.