Taxation issues can leach away profits, kill a business deal or land taxpayers in hot water with state and federal tax authorities. At McBrayer, our lawyers provide comprehensive counsel in tax planning and structuring of transactions and tax compliance to minimize taxpayers' exposure to negative tax consequences. We also advocate effectively for our clients in matters of tax collection, audits and litigation.
With offices in Lexington, Louisville, Greenup, and Ashland, and a government relations practice in Frankfort with presence in Washington, D.C., our lawyers serve businesses of all sizes in all industries in Kentucky and neighboring states. The following are examples of the types of tax law services we provide:
- Tax compliance: Our lawyers assist with preparation and review of tax returns and forms to help taxpayers identify tax savings opportunities and strategies and minimize disputes, penalties and interest. We also help taxpayers comply with nonincome tax-related reporting requirements, such as the issuance of Form 1099-C.
- Tax controversy: We advocate for business and individual taxpayers in audits, offers in compromise, litigation and other issues with state and federal tax authorities.
- Tax planning: Our lawyers provide planning services to help taxpayers obtain favorable tax treatment in everything from the selection of business entity to structuring complex business transactions.
- Transaction tax: We help clients take advantage of beneficial tax exemption and deferral provisions in corporate mergers and acquisitions, 1031 exchanges, Section 368 tax-free reorganizations and other transactions.
Take The First Step To Success
To discuss how our law firm can assist you in a tax law issue, contact the McBrayer firm today.
News & Insights
- Bethany Atkins Rice - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
McBrayer serve individuals, business owners, partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and tax-exempt organizations in the preparation and review of tax returns and tax planning. We also represent business owners facing tax controversies which may lead to litigation with state or federal authorities. Whether the business is a sole proprietorship or a multinational corporation, McBrayer has the know-how to handle all tax-related issues. Our goal is always to maximize after-tax results while offering counsel and representation regarding local, state, federal and international tax issues.