We represent all manner of healthcare providers in malpractice lawsuits, from individual physicians and small practice groups to hospitals and healthcare systems. We zealously defend the rights of healthcare practitioners in their profession, ensuring due process for our clients as we work for the optimal outcome.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE DEFENSE
We take pride in our track record of mitigating the damage to our clients’ professional reputations and losses to their insurers. If you are a medical care provider charged with negligence, you deserve the most vigorous defense possible to secure your good name, your livelihood and your professional license. We have experience in medical malpractice defense across a broad spectrum of areas.
EXPERIENCE BY YOUR SIDE
Medical malpractice cases require attorneys to have specific knowledge about both law and complex issues related to medical terminology, treatment and technology. At McBrayer, we have established professional relationships with leading physicians and other medical experts who assist in offering the staunch defense you require.
Our experienced attorneys have worked with many major insurers looking for aggressive litigants. As a result, our firm has defended a wide array of licensed medical specialties, including:
- Nurses aides
- Dental surgeons
- Practice groups
- Healthcare systems
- Emergency service providers
- Obstetricians and gynecologists
- Neurologists and neurosurgeons
- Plastic surgeons
- Physical therapists
- Respiratory therapists
…and many other licensed professionals.
APPLYING OR REAPPLYING FOR A MEDICAL LICENSE
When a medical license is suspended or restricted, renewing the license or removing the restriction is not a simple matter. Our lawyers know how to work with medical professionals to resolve these issues to help our clients get back to their careers. Additionally, our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of the regulations that govern medical licenses and can help medical professionals apply for a license. We also assist medical professionals to comply with applicable regulations to keep their licenses in good standing.
News & Insights
- UPDATE: The Cabinet for Health and Family Services files motion for stay to allow Medical Review Panels to continue during court processNovember 2, 2017
- Attorneys from McBrayer law offices in Lexington and Louisville achieved a 2018 listing in U.S. News Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 15, 2017
- With Great Power, Comes Great Liability? July 5, 2018
- Kentucky Supreme Court Addresses Negligent Credentialing December 4, 2017
- A New Day for Healthcare in Kentucky June 14, 2017
- ALERT: Medical Review Panel Act Dead; No Rehearing in Claycomb v. Commonwealth February 15, 2019
- Trends in Malpractice Litigation October 16, 2018
- A PSA Regarding the PSA: Patient Safety Work Product and Privilege October 24, 2017
- EHR-Related Claims on the Rise for Healthcare Providers October 20, 2017
- Kathryn A. Eckert - Attorney Biography
- Calvin R. Fulkerson - Attorney Biography
- Chad Thompson - Attorney Biography
- Kyle M. Virgin - Attorney Biography