University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, J.D., 2008
Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, B.S., 2003
- Major: Economics
My practice area includes all facets of business and corporate law. I advise owners, executives and in-house counsel on a variety of issues related to business creation, entity governance, business operations, and business succession planning, including purchase agreements, technology agreements, supply agreements, real property transactions, operating agreements and shareholder agreements. I advise companies and investors in connection with capital-raising activities and investments, and I’m experienced with complex transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and financing transactions from all angles – as counsel to buyers, sellers, borrowers and lenders.
As a native Lexingtonian who is committed to the Lexington community, I am excited to join a local firm that is focused on helping our citizens and business community succeed and flourish. After working for years for clients that I never met in person because they were located throughout the United States and sometimes abroad, I wanted to work with my friends and neighbors as well. McBrayer provides that intersection of being large enough to tackle matters throughout the state, country and beyond, but it retains a sense of place and remains focused on providing service to and lifting up the community around it.
HOW I’M DIFFERENT
I approach all matters with a level-headed, results-oriented mindset, and I view each client relationship as a collaboration to produce these desirable results. I want to understand the client’s goals and risk tolerance from the outset and frame a transaction accordingly. It’s important to me to earn my client’s trust so that he or she will call me at the beginning stages of a transaction or issue, rather than on the tail end. If we strategize together at the beginning, a lot of complexities and heartache can be avoided, and we can find a way to reach an outcome through a more refined and elegant solution.
I practiced at Frost Brown Todd LLC for 12 years, where I honed my skills in the Business Combinations practice group. While there, I worked with such industries as energy, banking, manufacturing, hemp and hospitality, gaining broad experience across a wide spectrum of corporate issues and needs. This intense focus on meeting the needs of businesses of all shapes prepared me to tailor solutions for all clients, no matter the size or circumstances.
- Business and Corporate Law
- Business Formation and Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Divestitures and Spinoffs
- Entrepreneurial Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- New Business LLC Packages
- Sales and Dissolutions
- Banking, Lending and Finance
- Commercial Lending
- Debt & Equity Finance
- Securities and Corporate Finance
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2008
- Fayette County Bar Association, 2008
- Commerce Lexington Board of Directors, 2019 – present
- Leadership Lexington, Class of 2012
- Commerce Lexington Ambassador Committee, 2017
- FBI Citizens Academy, 2018 Graduate
- Junior League of Lexington, 2007 – 2019
- Girls on the Run Central Kentucky Board of Directors, 2010 – 2018
- Duke University Alumni Admissions Committee, 2008-2019
- Bluegrass Runners Club, Inc., 2010 - present