Areas Of Concentration
Kentucky Business Formation Lawyers
Legal needs vary significantly from one industry to the next. It is critical to work with an attorney who is well versed in those industry-specific concerns and who understands the unique needs of the business. That understanding comes not only from experience, but from taking the time to listen, observe and learn.
The McBrayer law firm is known for sophisticated, timely and cost-effective solutions to today's business challenges. Our successful advocacy is a reflection of our industry knowledge, cross-disciplinary capabilities and a philosophy of tailoring our services to the needs and goals of each client.
Comprehensive Business And Corporate Law Services
Our legal team represents businesses of all sizes, from small, locally owned shops to Fortune 500 companies. We are particularly well-acquainted with the legal issues unique to the health care industry, the energy and coal industry, the telecommunications sector, the hospitality and travel industry, and clients in commercial lending and commercial development.
Our attorneys provide counsel and representation for all stages of business:
- Business formation — entity selection, business planning, ownership agreements and other foundations for success
- Entrepreneurial law — intellectual property, financing, regulatory compliance and other comprehensive considerations for startups
- Business succession planning — transitioning a small or family-owned business to the next generation
- Corporate and business tax law — tax planning strategies, tax-exempt transactions and tax controversies with the IRS or KDR
- Employment law — employee agreements, HR training and manuals
- Commercial real estate purchase or lease
- Mergers and acquisitions — strategy, structuring and execution of friendly or contested transactions
- Divestitures and spinoffs — legal and business considerations in carve-outs, split-ups, buyouts or recapitalizations
- Sales and dissolutions — purchase or sale of business assets, partner/shareholder buyouts, disbanding a business
- Commercial and business litigation — real estate, leases, land use, construction, breach of contract, business torts, ownership disputes, securities litigation, professional license defense
Sophisticated Counsel for Complex Business Matters
Our firm is especially known for its capabilities in complex business transactions, from multi-million dollar mergers to strategic acquisitions or downsizing. We can address the financial, legal and regulatory ramifications to consummate deals smoothly and avoid future legal disputes.
Another great strength of our firm is the breadth and depth of our in-house legal knowledge. Aside from industry expertise, the diverse legal disciplines of our attorneys enable us to tackle business and corporate matters from every angle, from tax and regulatory implications to personal liability and estate planning.
Take The First Step To Success
To discuss business formation, litigation or any other business law concern, call the experienced legal team at McBrayer. With law offices in Lexington and Louisville, and a government relations office in Frankfort, we serve clients throughout Kentucky and the United States.
News & Insights
- March 1, 2022
- November 5, 2021
- Settlement Proposed in Burley Tobacco Growers Cooperative Association Lawsuit Concerning Certain Tobacco Growers in Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana or Missouri; Class Members Urged to Take ActionDecember 21, 2020
- August 7, 2020
- August 7, 2020
- July 1, 2019
- Attorneys from McBrayer law offices in Lexington and Louisville achieved a 2018 listing in U.S. News Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 15, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Webinar, May 15, 2020
- Lexington, KY, July 9, 2015
- November 11, 2015
- McBrayer Newsletter, June 2015
- Will Your Business Be Affected by Kentucky Revenue Bill Tax Reforms? March 10, 2022
- I Have My LLC — Now What? November 2, 2021
- New Kentucky Law Protects Businesses from COVID-19 Liability April 27, 2021
- Deadline to Apply for PPP Loans Extended to May 31, 2021 April 9, 2021
- New Guidance on Change of Ownership Issues for PPP Loans October 20, 2020
- Best Practices for Transitioning to the Virtual Workplace June 10, 2020
- An ADA Compliant Website Has Never Been More Important May 27, 2020
- Payroll Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Applications Now Available May 21, 2020
- View More »
- Ten Top Blogs of 2020 December 22, 2020
- Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls in the Representation of Family Businesses February 6, 2019
- Five Questions with Keeana Sajadi Boarman
- What's Next? A conversation on federal and state response to COVID-19
- Ivan J. Schell - Attorney Biography
- Kenton L. Ball - Attorney Biography
- Robert T. Watson - Attorney Biography
- Our Clients - ARGI
- James H. Frazier, III - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
While there are certainly commonalities, the needs of businesses fluctuate dramatically from one industry to the next. McBrayer PLLC represents businesses of all sizes, from small, locally owned shops to Fortune 500 companies. Among the many industries we are well-acquainted with are the health care industry, the energy and coal industry, and the telecommunications industry.
Buy Sell Agreements
Buy sell agreements can be treacherous. That's why McBrayer attorneys work hard to ensure buy sell agreements between partners run smoothly. It is our goal to preserve the continuity of ownership in a business and ensure satisfaction. We tailor carefully considered solutions for each client, no matter the industry.