The decision to sell, disband or wind down a business creates myriad issues such as the disposition of business assets, creditor claims and obligations of the stakeholders. The business transaction attorneys of McBrayer have extensive experience with asset sales, business dissolution and ownership disputes.
We represent proprietors, partners and shareholders in all facets of business sale transactions, including buyouts. We also represent investors or larger companies in acquiring assets or shares of dissolving companies. With law offices in Lexington and Louisville, and a government relations office in Frankfort, we serve clients throughout Kentucky and surrounding states.
Business Transaction Attorneys for Reorganization and Dissolution
The sale of assets may simply be a business decision, or it may stem from a "business divorce." Either way, there are legal, financial, tax and regulatory ramifications. Our business law attorneys provide perspective and comprehensive counsel to all parties regarding:
- Dissolving a partnership, limited liability company (LLC) or corporation
- Reorganizations (new partners or shareholders)
- Forced sale or split-up
- Asset sales or stock sales
- Resolving creditor claims and liens
- Partnership/shareholder litigation
- Buyout negotiations
Knowledgeable Counsel for Business Asset Transactions
We have the experience to protect sellers and buyers in sales of tangible business assets such as inventory, equipment, buildings and real property. We can also structure deals for intangible assets such as accounts receivable, intellectual property rights and stock shares. Buying or dissolving a business commonly involves any combination of the above, and may involve assumption of liabilities as well.
Our attorneys provide due diligence for buyers and represent either party in negotiation and drafting of purchase agreements, definitive agreements and declaratory documents. The McBrayer firm has handled complex and multi-jurisdictional mergers and acquisitions, but we know that asset sales can be complicated in their own right, especially in squeeze-outs, court-imposed dissolution or other involuntary scenarios.
Clients come to us because of our reputation for responsive, cost-effective and detail-oriented counsel. To speak with our Kentucky sales and dissolution lawyers contact us online.
News & Insights
- August 7, 2020
- August 7, 2020
- SEC Crowdfunding Rules - Another Vehicle for Capital? November 7, 2017
- Charging Orders on LLCs in Kentucky June 5, 2015
- Member Rights in Kentucky Limited Liability Companies May 1, 2015
- Five Questions with Keeana Sajadi Boarman
- Robert E. Maclin, III - Attorney Biography
- Terri R. Stallard - Attorney Biography
- Emily H. Cowles - Attorney Biography
- James H. Frazier, III - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
When it is time to sell or dissolve your business let McBrayer PLLC help. A sale or dissolution can mean difficult times for a business, but we will work with you to ensure things are done the right way and are always in your best interest.