Past Events Archive
- A Webinar for Employers - How to Handle the Newest Set of Workplace Challenges from COVID-19Webinar, March 3, 2021, 11:00 a.m.
- February 24, 2021
McBrayer members Cindy Effinger and Claire Vujanovic recently presented at the National Business Institute's Continuing Legal Education program.
- A McBrayer WebinarOctober 29, 202011:00 a.m. EST
Join us at McBrayer PLLC for our annual “Scary Stories from the HR Department” webinar, now in its third – and scariest – incarnation. Attorneys Cindy Effinger and Claire Vujanovic will guide employers through hypotheticals of horror and ripped-from-the-headlines issues from this year, from COVID-19 issues in the workplace to social and political division among employees. They will calm your fears by providing best practices advice to keep the darkest nightmares from becoming your reality.
- Healthcare Policy Updates from 2020 General Assembly Session and BeyondLexington, KY, August 5, 2020
- Webinar, May 15, 2020, 11:00 a.m.
Kentucky is set to begin phased reopening, but whether businesses had completely shuttered through the stay-at-home order, moved to telework, or remained open under limitations, returning to more normal operations will require a review of policies and procedures to protect from legal liability. Although many return to work policies will be industry-specific, all businesses will have to consider medical screenings, cleaning protocols, privacy issues, training on new laws and how to deal with internal complaints.
- ARGI, January 30, 2020
- Tricks and Treats for HR ProfessionalsOctober 30, 201911 a.m. EST
- October 17, 2019
McBrayer law supports bars and restaurants, retailers, and producers to keep their Kentucky alcoholic beverage licenses current.
- Kentucky Horse Park
- September 20, 2019
- The Carter House at Lakeview Park, August 30, 2019, 5-7PM
- Hillcroft Farm, August 29, 2019
- The Grand Reserve, 903 Manchester Street, Lexington, KY, August 23, 2019
- The Red Mile Clubhouse, August 20, 2019, 5:30-8:00PM
- May 2, 2019
- Come join us for a day at Keeneland!Keeneland Race Course, April 19, 2019
- April 11, 2019
- A Webinar for Healthcare ProvidersApril 3, 201911 AM - 12 PM
- The Livery, March 24, 2019
- The Mane on Main, March 14, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
- January 14, 2019
- Commerce Lexington, Inc., 330 E. Main Street, December 11, 2018, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- "Compliance Issues for Primary Care Providers"Lexington, Kentucky, November 6, 2018
- "Compliance Issues for Rural Health Clinics"London, Kentucky, September 14, 2018
- Carson's Patio, 362 East Main St, Lexington, Thursday, August 23rd, 2018, 5-6:30 p.m.
As Lexington writers and reporters, both freelance and employed with local media, you’re on a constant hunt for reliable, knowledgeable sources. When you need a hot take regarding a legal issue or the impact of a news event on an industry, where can you turn? Join the McBrayer team for an informal get-together of writers and reporters over drinks and appetizers at Carson’s. We look forward to learning more about issues you’re writing about and areas of interest for you, and sharing how we can get you quick responses from solid sources.
We hope you’ll join us, please RSVP.
- Sign up for Real Estate Law Alerts
- Downtown Lexington
- WEBINAR Workplace Harassment: Protect your Employees and your Business in the Era of #MeToo - ADVERTISING MATERIAL04/17/201811:00 A.M. EST
- Retirement Benefits & Divorce: What Every Lawyer Should KnowUniversity of Kentucky College of LawLexington, KY, January 30, 2018
- Louisville, Kentucky, January 29, 2018
- January 18, 2018
- DLMD, Lexington Public Library, Failte and others recognized with Downtown Lexington Partnership's Awards of ExcellenceDecember 4, 2017
DLMD, Lexington Public Library, Failte and others recognized at the Downtown Lexington Partnership Annual Meeting and Awards
- Are You My Mother? Assisted Reproductive Technologies & Parenthood in Kentuckywith Hon. Lisa Hart Morgan - Kentucky Circuit Judges CollegeLouisville, Kentucky, October 23, 2017
- October 20, 2017
- Special Considerations in Military DivorcesNational Business Institute, Advanced Family LawLexington, Kentucky, October 19, 2017
- Legal Remedies for HR Headaches: Attorney Cindy Effinger speaks at Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management (KySHRM) Annual Conference 2017Employment Law for EmployersAugust 29, 2017
Employers make decisions on a daily basis that impact their businesses' bottom line, trying to keep employees happy and productive while following all applicable employment laws. Employment attorney Cindy Effinger helps employers navigate issues and policies to protect businesses and maximizing productivity for all kinds of jobs and workers.
- Entering PracticeUniversity of Louisville, June 2017
- There Ought to be a Law: Parenting Outside of Marriagewith Hon. Lucinda Masterton - Fayette County Bar Association, Bench & Bar ConferenceLexington, Kentucky, June 27, 2017
- IP 101: A Non-Specialist’s Guide to the Basics of Intellectual Property LawKentucky Bar Association Annual Convention, June 21, 2017
- Learning, Networking and Fun in Minneapolis for the 2017 Commerce Lexington Leadership Visit presented by McBrayerMinneapolis-Saint Paul, MN, June 7th to 9th
- Behavioral Health for the Rural Health ClinicCarl D. Perkins Conference Center on the campus of EKU in Richmond, KY, June 9, 2017
- Lexington, KY, April 6th through October 12th 2017
- Kentucky ChamberLouisville, Kentucky, May 24-25, 2016
- Lexington, Kentucky, April 7, 2017, 8pm
- 201 East Main Street, Suite 900, March 15, 2017, 4:30pm
- Lexington, KY, January 26, 2017
- LGBT Law Issues for the General PractitionerKentucky Bar Association - Kentucky Law UpdateGilbertsville, Kentucky, October 27, 2016
- 2016 Update: Same-Sex Marriage & Family Law TodayKentucky Bar Association Bench and Bar ConferenceLexington, Kentucky, June 22, 2016
- McBrayer presents the 2016 Commerce Lexington Leadership VisitCharleston, South Carolina, June 8, 2016