McBrayer provides hands-on legal guidance and support for businesses looking to locate or expand in Kentucky. Our attorneys maintain strong working relationships with state and local officials and the most up-to-date knowledge of the guidelines set by each for the economic development incentives best suited to your project.
McBrayer attorneys will:
- Liaise with local officials, including the Economic Development Authority and city/county consultants, concerning available local incentives and requirements for land/job investments;
- In conjunction with planning/zoning counsel, liaise with local officials concerning zoning changes and infrastructure investments necessary for the project;
- Develop a strategy for available state incentives, including timelines for application of each to maximize tax credits/abatements over the length of the project;
- Work with the client and the Cabinet for Economic Development to develop applications for available state incentives;
- Appear on behalf of the developer at hearings for preliminary and final incentive approvals;
- Draft and/or revise agreements between the developer and local/state government to memorialize incentive agreements;
- Oversee compliance of incentive terms with the developer throughout the project;
- Ensure that corporate agreements comply with applicable incentive terms.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP TO SUCCESS
When you need experienced assistance with economic development and business incentives, you need the connected legal team at McBrayer - contact the firm online. With law offices in Lexington and Louisville and a government relations practice in Frankfort, we serve clients throughout Kentucky and the United States.