Real estate developers, both new and experienced, have a vision. Perhaps they have come across a stretch of land along a highway that they want to turn into a residential development. Perhaps they have found a spot for a shopping complex. No matter what the vision is, the Lexington and Louisville law firm of McBrayer can assist in making it a reality.
A Comprehensive Approach To Planning And Zoning
Our attorneys work with residential and commercial real estate developers from the beginning of a project until its completion. From land acquisition forward through the entitlement process and beyond, we are committed to providing sound guidance and helping our clients make good decisions that will help them achieve their goals.
Our work involves proactively determining who might object to the planned development and working with them early on. Experience has taught us the value of gaining agreement as soon as possible from local officials and other parties. These parties are often swayed by a creative design. They like to see projects that look good, so we make certain that our clients' projects do. This benefits everyone in the long run.
Tax Increment Financing
In addition to assisting commercial developers and residential real estate developers, we are available to provide planning and zoning services to individuals who want to purchase and rehab old or abandoned properties. These people are often able to benefit from the new tax increment financing program in Kentucky, a program we are very familiar with. We help clients reap the benefits of this program as they pursue their vision.
Take The First Step To Success
For detailed advice and skilled representation on planning and zoning matters, contact the experienced legal team at McBrayer. With offices in Lexington and Louisville, and a government relations practice in Frankfort, we serve clients throughout Kentucky and the United States.
News & Insights
- November 3, 2022
- November 4, 2021
- Attorneys from McBrayer law offices in Lexington and Louisville achieved a 2018 listing in U.S. News Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 15, 2017
- Chambers USA 2016 recognizes McBrayer attorneys as 'Leaders in their Field'Chambers USA, March 29, 2016
- How Does Hensley v. Gadd Affect Your Kentucky Short-Term Rental Business? April 26, 2023
- Considering a Conservation Easement? Here’s What You Should Know October 25, 2018
- Kentucky Legislature Tweaks "Full Name" Requirement on Deeds Yet Again June 27, 2018
- I Love It When a Comprehensive Plan Comes Together March 1, 2018
- Planning and Zoning: 3 Things to Look for When Purchasing Property April 26, 2017
- A Supreme Court Denial Creates an Uncertain Foundation for Affordable Housing Attempts May 13, 2016
- A Primer on “Safe by Design” Land Use Planning April 14, 2016
- New 2016 ALTA/NSPS Survey Standards Now In Effect March 31, 2016
- View More »
- Our Clients - Nicol Development Company
Who We Serve
We represent a wide range of clients from large national corporate clients seeking land use approval to develop a new project locally to individuals who need assistance obtaining a variance to build an addition to their home. For the last several years we have represented multiple clients to obtain land use approval for urban infill mixed use and adaptive re-use projects. These developments typically involve the redevelopment of vacant warehouses or other aging industrial buildings and converting them to vibrant uses that are creating new entertainment and residential corridors in long bypassed areas. We have also been involved with developing student housing complexes serving students at universities in Lexington and Louisville.
In addition to our work on zone change applications, development plan and plat approval, conditional use permits and variances we have extensive experience drafting zoning ordinance text amendments to create new regulations in cases where a client's project is so unique or new that the rules must be changed to allow the project to be approved.
In addition to dealing with all aspects of land use law, we have worked on numerous tax increment financing projects to obtain tax incentives to facilitate development of projects that due to their location in areas in need of significant public infrastructure improvements or due to other cost constraints could not be developed without economic incentives.
Our clients include Alltech, Hallmark Student Housing, The Red Mile, Vaughan Warehouse, Cohen Investments.