Click here for the latest trends, updates and insight on our blog page.
Medical Licensing and Certificate Of Need Attorneys Serving Kentucky
McBrayer helps clients to obtain the appropriate facility licensing for their scope of service, including applying for a Certificate of Need when necessary. We also help clients to determine the appropriate ownership and structural requirements for their scope of services, including corporate practice of medicine considerations. Our healthcare attorneys provide guidance for individual and institutional clients to help protect their provider licenses, including responding to complaints, notices of violations and compliance audits.
Certificate of Need and Licensing
Kentucky healthcare providers planning to establish new facilities or expand existing services must first obtain a Certificate of Need (CON) from the state in many circumstances. This complicated administrative process is compounded by other laws and regulations governing healthcare facilities, operations and transactions. Once the CON is issued, our attorneys can assist with adherence to licensure standards, including the life safety code, so the client is able to procure the license necessary to establish a practice.
McBrayer assists clients in all aspects of CON applications, including navigating clients through the approval process before the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Division of Certificate of Need. In addition, we help clients:
- Meet CON application timetables and requirements
- Prepare a compelling case for new facilities, services or equipment
- Obtain appropriate licenses
- Complete proposals
Take the First Step to Success
For more information about our services and how our lawyers can help you navigate the challenges facing healthcare providers and industry participants, contact McBrayer law firm. Our CON requirement attorneys serve healthcare clients throughout Kentucky from our offices in Louisville and Lexington, and a government relations practice in Frankfort with a presence in Washington, D.C.
- Kentucky Hospitals - Need Additional Acute Care Beds? It Can be Done March 19, 2020
- Expanded Certificate of Need Exemptions Poised to Grow Healthcare Industry June 28, 2018
- Up, Up and Away: Penalties and CMPs to be Adjusted for Inflation November 20, 2015
- Tidbits and Takeaways from OIG’s 2016 Work Plan November 17, 2015
- KBML Issues Guidance to Help Physicians Get the Most out of MOST November 10, 2015
- OIG Alert Shows Increased Concern over Data Blocking October 27, 2015
- OIG Targets Questionable Billing Practices for Ambulance Services October 20, 2015
- Primary Care Providers – Are you feeling the pinch? October 6, 2015
- View More »
- Anne-Tyler Morgan - Attorney Biography
- Christopher J. Shaughnessy - Attorney Biography
- Sarah E. Hines - Attorney Biography
- Lisa English Hinkle - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
Kentucky requires a CON for the establishment of a health care facility or service. We can assist new, expanding or relocating health care facilities or services in obtaining their CON. We work with clients to determine the geographical area for which a proposed service should be offered. You can rely on us to draft required filings and be present at administrative hearings. Should an appeal be needed, we can assist with that, too. Once the CON is obtained, we can assist with adherence to licensure standards, including the life safety code, so you are able to procure the license necessary to establish a practice.