Assisting Clients with Federal, State and Local Government Regulations
The government regulatory process has a profound impact on businesses by causing unnecessary distractions, loss of productivity, significant costs, and foreclosed opportunities. At McBrayer, our lawyers know what is at stake for the regulated community and we work hard with regulating agencies, boards, and commissions to secure the best possible outcome for our clients. We walk our clients through the complex interactions and steps that accompany rulemaking, approvals, hearings, and judicial review of administrative action.
The McBrayer Advantage
Our administrative lawyers have exceptional experience with representing clients who are challenging or defending government action. We rely on the team approach by working with an array of lawyers from our other practice areas, such as Litigation, Labor & Employment, Healthcare, and Gaming. By putting our experience and knowledge of these areas of the law to work, we are able to help our clients minimize or eliminate government intrusiveness and, more importantly, create strong and lasting relationships with agencies or officials with whom interaction is required. When needed, the MML&K Government Solutions team will coordinate with our Administrative Law attorneys to provide unrivaled protection, issue understanding and advocacy to advance our clients' needs. We ensure that our clients not only have representation at the agency level, but also in front of state and national lawmakers so that favorable provisions in statutes and rules can be created and protected.
McBrayer administrative lawyers routinely represent clients who are dealing with issues involving licensure, permits, variances, exemptions, approvals, professional discipline hearings, rulemaking hearings, and opinions in connection with existing regulations. We have proven experience dealing with agencies such as the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control, Horse Racing Commission, Kentucky Public Service Commission, Executive Branch Ethics Commission, Legislative Branch Ethics Commission, Commission on Proprietary Education, Department of Charitable Gaming, Department of Environmental Protection, Board of Medical Licensure, and Board of Adjustment - just to name a few.
Take The First Step To Success
For experienced, knowledgeable advice on all issues related to administrative law, contact the experienced legal team at McBrayer. With offices in Lexington and Louisville, and a government relations office in Frankfort, we serve clients throughout Kentucky and the United States.
News & Insights
- July 1, 2019
- January 7, 2019
- Attorneys from McBrayer law offices in Lexington and Louisville achieved a 2018 listing in U.S. News Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 15, 2017
- August 30, 2013
- August 2013
- Relief for Wholesalers and Distributors April 13, 2020
- New Order from Gov. Beshear Closes All Non-Essential Retail Businesses March 23, 2020
- Gov. Beshear Executive Order Restricts Onsite Consumption of Food and Alcohol March 17, 2020
- ALERT: Supreme Court Strikes Down Tennessee Residency Requirements in Alcohol Licensing June 26, 2019
- McBrayer Interview: Hank Phillips, President/CEO of the Kentucky Travel Industry Association May 3, 2017
- Kentucky Continues to Modernize Alcohol Law with Passage of HB 100 and HB 183 April 28, 2017
- Advantages of Mediation November 14, 2017
- Trevor L. Earl - Attorney Biography
- T. Neal Morris
- Anne-Tyler Morgan - Attorney Biography
- Christopher J. Shaughnessy - Attorney Biography
- Luke Morgan - Attorney Biography
- Stephen G. Amato - Attorney Biography
- Luke A. Wingfield - Attorney Biography
- Lisa English Hinkle - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
We serve institutions, companies, and individuals who are facing a compliance issue with a federal, state, or local agency or governmental unit, or other regulatory body. Representative clients include professionals, such as doctors, attorneys, engineers, architects, nurses, teachers or contractors, who must appear before a licensing board; businesses needing a permit for the beginning or continuation of their operations; corporate clients seeking to develop a new property project; and, governmental officials entangled in Executive, Legislative or Judicial Branch Ethics Commission allegations. With our help, individuals and businesses can find workable solutions so that they remain complaint with all regulations. We not only serve those who are facing an immediate challenge, but can also work proactively to ensure future problems do not arise.