Kentucky Intellectual Property Lawyers
Intellectual property places a crucial role in the life of any entrepreneurial endeavor. A business holds goodwill, investment and revenue in its intellectual property, which covers everything from technological creations up to the very brand of the business itself. The registration of trademark and copyright interests is paramount to the protection of that intellectual property, and when copyright, trademark or patent interests are threatened, litigation becomes a necessary course of action.
McBrayer provides experienced counsel and representation to businesses seeking to protect their investment and brand as intellectual property. Our services range from the registration of trademark and copyright to assisting both plaintiffs and defendants in protecting their interests through copyright, trademark and patent infringement litigation.
A Nationwide Practice
Our intellectual property clients range from trailblazing start-ups to major established well-known companies, and our attorneys bring the expertise, commitment and client-centered approach necessary to produce quality work, positive outcomes and are committed to efficiently do so. Our intellectual practice is nationwide; our attorneys have infringement litigation experience in over thirty states and every level of the federal courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court.
Take the First Step to Success
To discuss the ways our attorneys can assist your business with registration of a trademark or copyright or to learn more about your legal issue that may lead to trademark, copyright or patent infringement litigation, contact the firm online.
News & Insights
- Business Lexington, October 8, 2020
- Business Lexington, June 4, 2020
- March 3, 2020
- Business Lexington, October 2019, September 26, 2019
- July 1, 2019
- January 16, 2019
- December 3, 2018
- Louisville Business First, December 29, 2017
- Attorneys from McBrayer law offices in Lexington and Louisville achieved a 2018 listing in U.S. News Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 15, 2017
- Chambers USA 2016 recognizes McBrayer attorneys as 'Leaders in their Field'Chambers USA, March 29, 2016
- Jack A. Wheat joins the firm's Louisville OfficeJanuary 4, 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- IP 101: A Non-Specialist’s Guide to the Basics of Intellectual Property LawKentucky Bar Association Annual Convention, June 21, 2017
- IP 101: A Non-Specialist’s Guide to the Basics of Intellectual Property LawKentucky Bar Association Annual Convention, June 16, 2010
- They're Coming to Steal Your IdeasLouisville Business First, March 18, 2016
- Business First of Louisville, January 22, 2016
- Trademark Registrants, Take Note: COVID-19 Presents Some Challenges for Maintaining Trademark Registrations March 30, 2021
- The “Likelihood of Confusion” Test for Trademarks: What to Know When Creating Your Brand March 20, 2019
- McDonald's Learns a Trademark Truism: "Use It or Lose It" January 16, 2019
- Court in Copyright Case: Don’t Embed That Tweet! June 6, 2018
- Supreme Court Holds under First Amendment that Offensive, Disparaging Words Can Be Granted Trademark Protection July 11, 2017
- No More Audit Anxiety: Why an Intellectual Property Audit is Nothing to Fear June 13, 2017
- Jack A. Wheat - Attorney Biography
- Katherine K. Yunker - Attorney Biography