U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2018
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2018
U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2018
Judge Ernesto Scorsone
University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., 2017
- Editor-in-Chief, Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture & Natural Resources Law
- Member, Business Law Society
Indiana State University, 2012
- BA in Political Science magna cum laude
- BA in Legal Studies magna cum laude
I focus my practice primarily on intellectual property, copyright, trademarks and infringement litigation. There are several components related to intellectual property that interest me. First, I enjoy the legal topics that are challenging and complex, and intellectual property fits that bill. Second, it involves a mix of both transactional work and litigation – litigation providing its own specific set of challenging dynamics and procedural strategies that I find fascinating. I also work with others in the firm on general litigation matters, including commercial and business litigation, employment litigation and insurance defense.
What drew me to this profession is the attractive notion of learning an academic skill, then applying that knowledge to solving problems and helping others through what may be the most challenging time in their lives. I enjoy the idea of being an expert in my field, but even more than that, I want to be someone people can rely upon and come to do a job well. I want to genuinely help solve a problem.
I believe that my role as an attorney is to foster relationships among individuals, groups, and businesses through my practice. In order to achieve this, I strive to really get to know and understand my clients’ needs and goals for the future, so that I can serve my client fully and understand the various perspectives in the matter at hand.
Before coming to McBrayer, I was a law clerk for Judge Ernesto Scorsone in Fayette Circuit Court. There, I had the opportunity to research and write about complex legal issues in a variety of practice areas. Clerking for Judge Scorsone honed my technical abilities and attention to detail and has given me a wide range of courtroom experience.
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2022 (Intellectual Property)
- Louisville Bar Association. Chairman, Intellectual Property Section, 2019-present
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Bulletin Committee, staff writer, 2020
News & Insights
- December 30, 2021
- Business Lexington, October 2019, September 26, 2019
- Louisville Bar Association's Louisville BarBriefs, August 7, 2019
- July 1, 2019
- December 3, 2018
- Taylor Swift Knows Perils of Music Copyright Law “All Too Well” December 13, 2021
- Life, Liberty, Happiness, and…Personality? What to Know about Your Publicity Rights August 17, 2021
- Trademark Infringement Case Gets Hotter Than Hell: Lil Nas X, Nike, and “Satan Shoes” April 22, 2021
- The “Likelihood of Confusion” Test for Trademarks: What to Know When Creating Your Brand March 20, 2019